This has been a funny kind of year for me because I’ve never really thought about my age, well, not until now that is. I’ve certainly never considered myself old until that one day, some months ago when I hit 60. So what then are the signs? What is it that tells you, this is it, you are finally getting old?
1. You have insured your car with Saga.
2. You’re in Sainsbury’s and you recognise the piped music as something you bought on vinyl in 1975 which reached no 3 in the charts.
3. You are idly watching TV, playing with your left ear then find a three-inch hair growing out of it!
4. You remark jokingly to a young person that you once had more hair than Roy Wood from Wizzard and just get a blank look!
5. You remember when your family had a coal fire!
6. People call at 9 PM and ask ‘did I wake you?’
7. You check out the music singles chart and don’t recognise a single artist.
8. Things that used to be boring are now actually interesting, like crosswords.
9. In a hostage situation, you will be one of the first ones released.
10. Someone who loves you sends you a birthday card like this: